Assistant Sports Information Director - NCAA
Reporting to the Sports Information Director (SID), the Assistant Sports Information Director will primarily serve as director of the Athletic Department's video production strategy, in addition to assisting in the communication and promotion efforts for the University's 22 varsity intercollegiate sports.
- Serve as director of athletic video services. Oversee live video production for outdoor scoreboard and athletic webcasts. Create highlights and content for video board, social media, website, recruiting and other purposes. Assist teams and individuals in the athletic department with video production and coverage.
- Primary SID coverage for selected sports, including volleyball, men's/women's basketball, baseball, and other sports as assigned. Oversee all duties for selected sports, including, but not limited to, statistics, press releases, game recaps, website posts, social media, graphic design, gameday duties, recruiting duties and media relations.
- Assist the SID in overall communication functions for Athletic Department, including website, social media, media relations, statistics, live event coverage (webcast, live statistics), event setup and breakdown, video coverage, graphic design, publications, photography and video, recruiting duties, among other functions.
- Adhere to NCAA, MIAC, MWLC and other conference/organizational rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- At least one to two (1-2) years of prior experience in sports information, athletic communications, media relations or related fields.
- Proficiency in videography and video production and editing (e.g., Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Avid, iMovie, Tricaster).
- Experience using statistical programs (StatCrew, NCAA LiveStats/Genius, PrestoStats, etc.), in particular NCAA LiveStats/Genius in volleyball and basketball.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 542 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime