Associate Director of Sports Communications
The Associate Director of Sports Communications, who reports to the Senior Associate AD for External Operations, will serve to expand the overall awareness of the University, athletics department, student-athletes, and coaches to the faculty/staff on-campus and in the greater community as well as support the public relations value for the university’s mission and vision. This position will serve as the primary Communications contact for five to ten assigned sports.
- Manage various administrative duties within the Communications Office and the overall athletics department.
- Independently write and produce releases, including game notes and game releases, feature content, and other unique coverage for the Upstate Athletics website and for distribution to media outlets.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Athletics website, in particular for the assigned sports and other various projects. This includes but is not limited to independently determining the content that is written and posted to the athletics website; writing biographical sketches of the coaches and student-athletes, and other pertinent information, including in-depth feature stories.
- Maintain season and historical statistics for assigned sports; supervise statistical crews and other event support personnel for home games.
- Work with the video coordinator to set up video shoots, produce web video content, and coordinate team pictures.
- Assess and determine the need for historical research for use in the production of original content and for use in the Communications office.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Associate AD for External Operations.
- Assist with the management of the marketing strategy for the athletic department and the assigned sports. This includes, but is not limited to, external branding initiatives, promotions strategies, and digital content.
- Design and produce social media content for all assigned sports and the athletic department.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience as a department head is preferred.
For full job description and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/108460
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 709 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Minor League Baseball Team
Sports & Entertainment Company