Head Women's Soccer Coach
The Head Women’s Soccer Coach is responsible for the overall administration and success of the women’s soccer program. The primary purpose of this position is to teach and coach student-athletes, plan practices, develop strategies for skill enhancement, lead conditioning, monitor student-athlete academic progress, recruit student-athletes, schedule opponents, develop and manage the team budget, develop community relationships, participate in fund-raising activities, administer camps and clinics, and administer team regulations for the women’s soccer program.
- Directs all scheduling for the program (competition, team travel, practice and conditioning, etc.) and coordinates with he men’s soccer program as necessary.
- Ensures academic success of student-athletes in conjunction with the academic support staff.
- Monitors program’s budget and expenditures and forecasts budget planning as required.
- Directs all recruiting initiatives for the program (off-campus evaluations and contacts, phone calls, letter writing, e-mail communication, on-campus visits, evaluations, scholarship offers, etc.)
- Directs all coaching within the program (practice, competition, skill development, conditioning in conjunction with strength and conditioning staff, etc.)
- Fundraises for the program through solicitation of support and participates in various fundraising events (outreach to alumni, clinics, athletic auction, golf tournament, U Club, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by sport administrator or Director of Athletics.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and three years of coaching experience. Proof of a valid driver’s license, good driving record and success background check are required.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree, college level coaching/playing experience and USSF or NSCAA coaching license preferred. Knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations preferred.
For full job description and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/108943
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 534 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private University (NC)