Stadium Operations Intern
An intern with the Pensacola Blue Wahoos will learn in an organization and environment that is recognized as one of the best in minor league baseball. The Blue Wahoos hope to provide each intern valuable learning experience while the college or university course requirements are met. Interns must be part of a college or university program or course and receive school credit in lieu of compensation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (with an emphasis on education)
- Learn the standard operating procedures for proper facilities maintenance to ensure a safe and clean venue for fans and staff alike.
- Broaden their knowledge base by assisting operations management and trainees in the proper procedures for executing flawless facilities maintenance.
- Interface with administrative tasks managed by trainees such as scheduling, payroll processing and management of non-profit organizations.
- Attend Wahoos U training program for knowledge and professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High level of integrity
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Leadership demonstrated in school organizations, sports and/or work experiences
- Strong analytical skills• Strong mathematical skills and experience in handling monies and payments
- Strong teamwork skills as well as the ability to work independently and self-motivate• Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, and Access)
- Ability to attend company events of all types
- Ability to learn in fast paced environment
- Ability to learn in flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to pull tarp and other manual labor tasks, part of the baseball learning experience
- Due to the strong community support of the Wahoos, persons from the greater Pensacola area or who are attending local area schools are preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 714 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Baseball Team (FL)
Minor League baseball Team
Summer Collegiate Baseball Team