Performance Dietetics-Olympic Sports Director Position
Provide appropriate nutritional interventions for student-athletes including, but not limited to, weight management, management of diabetes, hypertension, lipid disorders, anemia, eating disorders and disordered eating, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, food allergies and intolerances, reducing inflammation, injury prevention & healing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide appropriate nutritional interventions for student-athletes.
- Provide sport and gender-specific recommendations regarding optimal body composition and weight for good health and performance for Division I student-athletes.
- Assess and analyze dietary practices and energy balance of student-athletes.
- Create meal plans and intake recommendations based on assessed student-athlete needs.
- Collaborate with Sports Performance staff to develop and implement nutritional education materials including team talk presentations, fueling station education, and individual consult templates/handouts.
- Collaborate and consult with the Director of Student-Athlete Well-Being to identify and respond to at-risk behaviors.
- Conduct individual consult content to meet student-athlete needs.
- Recruit, manage, train, mentor and evaluate student interns/work-study to keep the High Altitude Fueling Station clean and stocked adequately.
- Oversee ordering, daily stocking, inventory, organization, and cleaning of all High Altitude Fueling Station products.
- Consult with Executive Chef in meal planning (e.g., training table, catered meals, pre-game/post-game meals, holiday break training, and competition fueling).
- Stay up to date with current nutrition and health issue research as relevant to needs of student-athletes, coaches, and Sports Medicine staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition, Exercise Physiology, or related field.
- 1 year experience in clinical, culinary, or sports nutrition.
- Board-certified Registered Dietitian (RD) with the ability to obtain a Wyoming State
- Licensure within 30 days of hire.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 709 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
American Football Team
Public University (CA)