The Athletic Trainer, under direction, prevents, cares, and treats injuries to athletes using the necessary knowledge of injury patterns and modern principles of athletic training. Collects samples for drug testing. Supervises and educates student athletic trainers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides attendance and supervision, for safety preventive and emergency care of student-athletes, at practices and games (events) of assigned sports.
- Travel, as directed and required, with assigned teams.
- Charting and record-keeping of student-athlete injuries utilizing current record-keeping systems and protocols.
- Coordination and consultation with Physicians, and student-athletes and medical facilities regarding health care.
- Consultation with coaches and parents regarding student-athlete health care.
- Coordinates insurance forms and keeps accurate records of claims.
- Assists in supervision of student athletic trainer apprenticeship education and sports scheduling along with clinical supervision.
- Maintains professional licenses and certifications.
- Assists in maintenance and supervision of athletic training room, equipment, and supply inventory.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 542 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Major League Soccer
Community College (TX)
Public Community College