Assistant Athletic Director, Sports Performance, Health & Wellness - Football Sports Medicine
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Sports Performance, Football, Assistant Director is responsible for overseeing staff who provide all health care needs of student-athletes pertaining to the football program.
Manages a large team typically consisting of both experienced professionals and subordinate Managers. Focuses on tactical and operational plans with short to mid-term focus; significant responsibility to achieve broadly stated goals through subordinate Managers. Determines objectives, directs programs, develops strategies and policies, manages human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a high degree of autonomy. Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project or program teams in one department/job family. Proactively assesses risk to establish systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Determines campus strategies for a program with campus wide impact.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues.
- Ability to perform adequate and competent evaluations in regard to health status of student-athletes.
- Knowledge of injury prevention and rehabilitation as they pertain to common injuries in the sport of football.
- Ability to manage a team of multiple staff members and students in a fast-paced work environment.
- High level of communication skills and ability to coordinate members of the Sports Performance, Health and Wellness team.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Master’s degree and 5 years experience with 1 years managerial experience
- Certification by the NATABOC & must meet standards for State of Idaho Licensure
- CPR and First Aid Certifications (completed within first month of hire)
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 529 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Pro Soccer Team