Good Karma Brands, an award-winning sports, media and marketing company, is looking for an experienced Accountant to join our growing finance team based in Milwaukee, WI. If you thrive in a dynamic, growth oriented environment, are a self-starter who loves to problem solve and have a passion for accounting, read on! This new role will be a key addition to our finance team as you will support our month-end close process, prepare balance sheet reconciliations and partner in various finance projects.
- Support month-end close process across Good Karma Brands entities.
- Prepare and organize monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Own reconciliation of monthly bank and Amex statements.
- Create and manage fixed asset database by working with local markets and facilities team.
- Partner with teams on process improvement ideas, simplification and efficiency.
- Manage sales and use tax submissions and personal property tax filings (annual).
- Support and assist with annual tax prep package for external tax firm.
- Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to GKB’s core values: Listen, Be Honest, Work Hard, Over Deliver, Follow Through and Teamwork.
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Accounting or finance degree.
- 3-4 years professional accounting experience (broadcast accounting experience a plus).
- Persistent and driven to succeed even when facing challenges.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word).
- Experience working in Oracle Netsuite a plus.
- Personal sense of responsibility and accountability.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion to be a part of a team as well as the ability to work independently.
- With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license.
This is an exempt role with a competitive base salary. This role is eligible for full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k) Plan, paid parental leave, and more with opportunities for salary growth increase with skills and responsibilities and meeting targeted goals. The position will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity For Growth:
Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
How to Apply:
For consideration, please apply at www.goodkarmabrands.com/careers. All are encouraged to apply.
About Good Karma Brands:
Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a media and marketing company with expertise in leveraging the power of sports and local news to build brands through radio, digital, events, and TV assets. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ and 101.7 The Truth in Milwaukee, Wis., seven ESPN affiliated radio stations in Chicago, Cleveland, Madison, Milwaukee and West Palm Beach, and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB also offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Boca Raton Bowl. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 541 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private Ivy League University