Team Sports Dietitian
Assist Director of Sports Nutrition with the assessment and counseling of student-athletes on optimal nutritional practices for exercise training, competition, recovery from practice, recovery from injury and illness, weight management, hydration and supplementation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with prospective student athletes as part of the recruiting process as requested
- Provide team-specific nutrition trainings, education and recommendations
- Develop, coordinate, and teach nutritional education, cooking programs and grocery store tours for student-athletes independently and in collaboration with Student-Athlete Development unit.
- Coordination of the development and oversight of nutrition education material production, social media, and on-site athlete dining education.
- Actively participate in meal monitoring and plate-side nutrition education for student athletes at Varsity Room, events, and team-specific pre-game meals.
- Coordinate and communicate travel nutrition needs for assigned teams
- Assist Director of Sports Nutrition on the evaluation of sports supplements, including research of nutritional supplements for legality, safety, quality, and efficacy, and continual research of the changing sports supplement industry
- Maintain professional competency and skills required for professional practice, including but not limited to current food, nutrition, and health issues and research related to sports nutrition
- Maintain yearly continuing education in the field of sports dietetics
- Serve as a member of an interdisciplinary, integrated performance team
- Conduct and refer screening, treatment and prevention of disordered eating and eating disorders as necessary.
- Collaborate with relevant health care providers within the Sports Medicine department's existing health care network by making referrals when appropriate.
- Oversee assigned fueling stations and staff management
- Responsible for ordering, inventory, and procurement of goods through necessary vendors for athletic fueling stations.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring and scheduling undergraduate volunteers as Fueling Station Product Managers.
- Provide education and mentorship of sports nutrition undergraduate volunteers.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 900 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Media (CA)