Varsity Girl's Tennis Coach
Notre Dame Academy is a multi-level private institution located in West Los Angeles. We are committed to providing a diverse and equitable learning environment and workplace for people who are Black, indigenous, and people of color.
The Lower School is a coed campus that was founded by the Sisters of Notre Dame in 1946. In tradition of the Sisters, the mission is to provide a thoroughly Catholic 21st century academic education designed to nurture socially responsible citizens and challenge students to think strategically, act independently, and lead by example.
The High School is an all-girls campus that was founded by the Sisters of Notre Dame in 1949. Devoted to educating young women to make a difference, NDA nurtures the development of the whole person by recognizing the dignity, uniqueness, and potential of each student. Our graduates are women of faith, academic excellence, vision, leadership, service, and compassion.
Learn more about our community at academy.ndasla.org.
- Minimum of one to three years of successful coaching experience. Playing experience at the collegiate/professional level preferred.
- Must meet the coaching requirements and certification needs of the State High School League and/or the State Department of Education.
- Clean driving record in order to receive approval of transporting students if necessary.
- Commitment to an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment.
Athletic coaches will be responsible for planning, directing and leading an education based athletic program that seeks to develop female student-athletes in the sport assigned. The overarching goal is to provide life lessons, build lifelong relationships, and create lifelong memories that will positively impact their physical, social and emotional well-being. We are looking for coaches that can demonstrate a high degree of empathy, positivity, trust, responsibility, discipline & flexibility.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Provide leadership and build a community in his or her program for all levels assigned (Frosh/Soph, JV and Varsity) of the sport. Supervise and mentor assistant coaches and managers if needed.
· Represent the school in a professional manner in demeanor, language, and conduct (based on standards established by the Athletic Director).
· Maintain appropriate supervision of his/her program at all times (locker rooms, practices, events, bus rides, etc.). Supervises any and all space used by athletes while they are present. Assures that the squad at all times will reflect proper attitude and conduct at home or away.
· Organize, schedule and supervise practice sessions. Help design and successfully carry out the interscholastic schedule as drawn up by the Athletics Director. Responsible for reporting scores and disseminating team information for publicity.
· Submit and verify transportation requests for scrimmages, practices and events.
· Supervise the use of gear and equipment in your sport. Assist with the development of a written annual inventory and make recommendations for purchases to the Athletic Director.
· Use Google Classroom as the system of communication to athletes and parents that will include daily connection and explanation of program policies, awards, procedures, goals and schedules.
· Has responsibility for the end of season awards and award ceremonies.
· Participate in department, school, conference and section coaches meetings. Attend clinics, seminars and in-service programs in order to improve coaching skills and to stay current with new trends in coaching, training, conditioning and safety procedures.
· All other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Subsequent appointments are based on review, merit, and program needs.
To apply, please submit a resume AND cover letter addressing your background and passion for engaging your students in a culture of learning and competing. Write “NDA Tennis Coach Opening” in the subject line of your email.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Temporary
Pay: $20.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
· Remote and In-person interview process
· Personal protective equipment provided
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,180 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports & Entertainment
Sports and Entertainment
Sports & Entertainment