Legal Administrative Assistant
Who We Are
We are Tennis! The USTA (United States Tennis Association Incorporated) is the national governing body for the sport of tennis and the leader in promoting and developing the sport’s growth on every level in the United States, from local communities to the crown jewel of the professional game, the US Open.
Why Work for the USTA?
We are a passionate team of staff and volunteers focused on growing the sport of tennis and making it accessible to all. We are committed to removing barriers and creating opportunities for ALL to participate. Don’t know tennis? Don't worry, you can still find yourself in the game!
Provide administrative support to the Associate General Counsel & DCLO USTA; GC USTA Foundation; General Counsel USTA NTC; Senior USTA Counsel; and Counsel.
- Provide complete administrative support including phone and email contact, scheduling, expense reports, travel arrangements, meeting preparation, word processing, and mail processing and shipping. Providing support for four attorneys and one manager. Draft, format, and edit legal correspondences, documents, and memoranda.
- Knowledge of legal processes, procedures, and terminology strongly preferred.
- Assist Records Manager with maintaining case files for the department, including litigation files, general files, agreements, and tracking and indexing waivers. In addition, provide back-up to the Records Manager.
- Administer and handle a system of tracking requests to provide Certificates of Insurance and lead the annual Insurance renewals for the various corporations. Maintain and handle the annual charitable filings for the USTA Foundation in all 50 states including reviewing the annual applications and ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Maintain, update and troubleshoot calendaring and prepare coordinating materials, in advance of all meetings and appointments.
- Provide support t for the nomination and election process of new Board Members (USTA and Foundation).Process incoming subpoena or requests for information including, capturing requested information, and preparing formal response.
- Track and maintain Continuing Legal Education and attorney registrations for Associate General Counsel & DCLO.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of legal administrative assistant experience (some corporate and/or litigation experience preferred) supporting multiple attorneys preferred.
- Heavy phone/email, calendar management, expense reporting, and other administrative duties experience is required.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to draft correspondence, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting.
- Ability to conduct research, including legal and general topics, and prepare a summary of findings.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to handle confidential matters discreetly.
- Excellent command of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Google Business Suite (Gmail, Google Hangouts, and Google Sheets), Adobe, and internet.
- Familiarity with cloud-based programs, digital applications, smart-phone technology, and case management software.
- Notary Public a plus.
What We Offer
At the USTA, we know people are our most important asset. For this reason, we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of a diverse workforce!
- Flexibility: Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines a balance of remote working with in-office collaboration to spark teamwork and creativity.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to meet your unique needs: Medical, dental, vision, access to doctors virtually, a flexible spending account to manage your health and dependent care expenses, and life and disability insurance are a small part of our offerings.
- Time to recharge and energize: Generous paid time off policy - including vacation, sick, personal, and paid holidays, parental leave, and a paid winter recess.
- Plan for your future financially and professionally: 401(k) with employer matching (up to 3%), promotional and growth opportunities, Learning and Development programs to learn on the job, and up to $5,000 for tuition reimbursement.
- Mental and emotional wellness: Resources for overall well-being including mental health and meditation benefits.
- Other cool perks: A personalized health management program, pet insurance, commuter benefits, identity theft protection, discounts with our network of partners, and fun events are just a few of the optional benefits available.
The expected annual range for the base salary for this position is $50,000.00 to $60,000.00. Position is eligible for overtime. This range does not include any additional pay or benefits for which a person may qualify. The actual base salary offered is determined by several variables, including, as appropriate, the applicant's qualifications for the position, the years of relevant experience, their unique skills, and the location from which they will be performing the job.
Come one, come all
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we'd love to learn how you can “serve” our team with your outstanding experience!
USTA is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals, regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, family status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 603 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Technology Organization
Sports Organization (IL)