The Senior Director, Diversity & Inclusion will help lead the development and implementation of proactive diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives in support of the National Hockey League’s (NHL) plan to continue to develop a learning culture where all have an opportunity to succeed. This role will champion the importance and value of a diverse and inclusive environment and lead the development of a vision and effective strategy to create a culture for equity, diversity, and inclusion. The role will collaborate with, in partnership with HR, internal and external stakeholders to assess potential barriers and develop strategies to help recruit and retain a diverse workforce. The individual will also collaborate with internal stakeholders to assess the need for, and recommend professional development initiatives on, cultural competency, gender differences and other topics designed to increase awareness and support equity and inclusion values. The role will collaborate with HR and other internal partners to will manage Workforce Analysis and measurement & evaluation of progress against benchmarks and objectives. The primary areas of accountability include leadership, advocacy, education and program execution. The incumbent serves as adviser and resource person for management and all stakeholders in the areas of diversity, inclusion and equity. Must be excellent project manager.
· Plans, guides and advises D&I Leadership Councils on diversity, equity and inclusion matters.
· Leads the NHL in implementing strategic initiatives, including the creation of a culture for equity, diversity, and inclusion. Partners with internal and external constituencies to ensure programming supports the NHL’s values and strategic goals.
· Provides strategic direction for professional development on cultural competency, gender differences and other areas that help build a climate of equity and inclusion, and other topics designed to increase awareness and support of equity and inclusion values.
· Leads NHL Working Group/Steering Committee and provides project management to the Executive Leadership Diversity Council in partnership with EVP, SGL. Supports Employee Networks and Multicultural event programming.
· Represents the NHL to external community partners and other stakeholder groups.
The ideal candidate has 7 to 10 years of experience advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in a complex organization. College degree required; MBA or master’s degree in Human Resources Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or related field is preferred. Candidate will have the proven ability to provide strategic and tactical leadership to develop and manage complex issues. Must have the ability to take initiative, be proactive and be a self-starter, collaboration and consensus building and the ability to evaluate requirements of the organization and develop solutions to fill gaps.
Successful candidate must proactively identify potential issues and resolve with appropriate programs that improve organizational effectiveness. Must have excellent facilitation skills to deliver a variety of programs and meetings, highly collaborative with strong interpersonal skills to successfully work across the organization and managing multiple priorities simultaneously. Superior organization, project management skills and attention to detail; ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally; demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision needed in this role. Candidate should also have a high level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance.
When applying, please be sure to include a cover letter with your salary expectations for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Make Your Career Move Today!
Subscribe today and gain access to 42,010 jobs in the sports industry and Break Through!