Manager, Cardio Tennis - National Campus
Purpose of Position: To lead and assist with the development and implementation of the National Cardio Tennis Strategy. Build and implement the business plan to expand Cardio tennis into non-traditional tennis markets with supporting education. Part of this role is to integrate Cardio tennis through major events where possible. To increase participation in Cardio Tennis and direct strategies for the integration of Cardio Tennis into the USTA suite of programs and services.
- Assist with the management of demo events amongst the different areas of Youth and Adult Tennis.
- Manage the resource development to assist in the growth and implementation of tennis activations.
- Plan and develop the revenues required to grow tennis activations.
- Develop and upon approval, implement business plan to expand into non-traditional markets.
- Provide guidance to Section, district and community staff members working with local deliverers.
- Deliverer the daily operations of on-court and off-court program including, conducting relevant training programs, developing and updating curriculum materials, overseeing equipment support and creating greater awareness of the program nationwide.
- Work cross-functionally with staff, committees, and organizational partners for aligning program strategies, developing and distributing resources and providing support for communities and agencies offering on court activations.
- Manage equipment support efforts on behalf of Community Tennis in coordination with tennis manufacturers, TIA and online suppliers.
- Oversee Section & opportunities against the on court activation goals through staff performance reviews, online webinars, and in-person meetings/trainings.
- Collaborate with industry organizations to develop and deliver program resources, train staff and volunteers and communicate program offerings.
- Assist with the delivery of demo events into relevant major events including the US Open.
- Assist the Community Tennis Department with the promotion of national programs aimed at local deliverers across the country
- Primary responsibility for the educational curriculum, training, and development of the Cardio Tennis program in the US including course and trainer development, course planning, and product content including video instructional material.
- Select, train and manage tennis professionals on the National Cardio Tennis Speakers Team including the select Master Trainers.
- Train tennis and fitness professionals how to deliver Cardio Tennis through national workshops.
- Deliver, schedule, and promote courses, workshops, and presentations for various audiences within the industry on Cardio Tennis. Develop outlines, agendas, and curriculum and assign trainers specific to the audience.
- Speak at industry conventions, meetings and events to provide ongoing education on the Cardio Tennis program.
- Direct updates to training materials as needed to ensure that the Cardio Tennis participants receive relevant, accurate and up to date materials.
- Work closely with the USTA Marketing, Digital, IT and Sections to increase participation in Cardio Tennis.
- Serve as a key liaison between Cardio Tennis and the Tennis Management Tool; the USTA registration and event management software.
- Work with the Marketing Department in determining appropriate content to transfer from the current Cardio Tennis website to USTA.com.
- Serve as a resource for those countries who are in the process of establishing or launching Cardio Tennis in their country; as well as to assist them in the continuous development of the product.
Qualifications / Other:
- Bachelor Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in program implementation, training for cardio tennis players, volunteers, and tennis facility staff.
- Ability to network with community leaders and fitness/sports providers
- Tennis playing, coaching and/or teaching background
- Experience delivering on court activations and training with coaches.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Experienced presenter and experience with outreach to diverse groups
- Demonstrated ability in resource development, technology, negotiations, strategic planning/analysis, supervision, marketing and promotions
- An ability to appreciate and optimize volunteer heritage and resources and apply professional experience within a not for profit organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
The NFL Franchise
NHL Franchise Hockey Club