With the COVID-19 pandemic spreading – many sporting events have been postponed or canceled. As a result, there are a variety of opinions on the subject. So, we wanted to know: Would you attend sporting events during the Coronavirus epidemic if the events weren’t canceled? The results did not disappoint.

52.82% of fans stated they would attend sporting events during the Coronavirus, while the remaining 47.18% of fans put their health first. However, we are unsure if this is a showing of unrivaled dedication or a sign that public attendance bans are absolutely necessary. Time will tell.

Facebook Post: Would you attend March Madness if they still held them amid the Coronavirus scare?
Facebook Poll Results: 51.85% for Wouldn’t Miss It, 48.15% for No Way
Tweet: Would you attend #MarchMadness if they still held them amid #Coronavirus scare? Let us know!
Twitter Poll Results: 58.3% for Definitely, 41.7% for No Way

Events Cancelled, Suspended or Postponed

As of 3/17/2020, the Coronavirus has lead to the cancellation, postponement, or suspension of the following events and seasons:

  • 2020 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament (March Madness), cancelled
  • 2020 NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament (March Madness), cancelled
  • 2020 NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament, cancelled
  • 2020 NCAA Division I Indoor Track and Field Championships, cancelled
  • 2020 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament, cancelled
  • 2020 NCAA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Tournament, cancelled
  • 2020 NCAA Division I Outdoor Track and Field Championships, cancelled
  • 2020 NCAA Division I Softball Tournament, cancelled
  • 2020 NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Tournament, cancelled
  • 2020 NCAA Division III Men’s Basketball Tournament, cancelled
  • 2020 NCAA Division III Men’s Ice Hockey Tournament, cancelled
  • 2020 NCAA Division III Women’s Basketball Tournament, cancelled
  • 2020 NCAA National Collegiate Women’s Ice Hockey Tournament, cancelled
  • 2020 PLAYERS Championship, cancelled
  • 2020 Valspar Championship, cancelled
  • 2020 WGC-Dell Match Play, cancelled
  • 2020 Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship, cancelled
  • 2020 Valero Texas Open, cancelled
  • 2020 Honda LPGA Thailand, cancelled
  • 2020 HSBC Women’s World Championship, cancelled
  • 2020 Blue Bay LPGA, cancelled
  • 2019 – 2020 ECHL Season, cancelled
  • 2020 Arctic Winter Games, cancelled
  • 2020 Women’s Ice Hockey World Championships, cancelled
  • 2020 Miami Open, cancelled
  • 2019–20 NBA season, suspended
  • 2019–20 NHL season, suspended
  • 2020-2021 MLB season, suspended
  • 2020 MLS season, suspended
  • 2020 Masters Tournament, postponed
  • 2020 Volvik Founders Cup, postponed
  • 2020 Kia Classic, postponed
  • 2020 ANA Inspiration, postponed

Want to help the sports industry recover from this disruption? Jobs in Sports is the nation’s biggest sports job board and is proud to feature a over 3,000 active sport job listings. Visit Subscribe now and apply to your dream job today!

Jobs in Sports will be conducting weekly polls to get your feedback. Have any suggestions on some upcoming polls we should run? Let us know in the comments section.