If you love eSports – the job you have been looking for is here.
Syracuse University is hiring an eSports coordinator. This position has personnel management responsibilities and will provide a diverse array of esports programming that will attract participation from a broad spectrum of students.
Additional Duties include:
- Supervise and monitor the esports room during evening and weekend hours. Assist with hiring, training, scheduling, supervision, payroll, and evaluation of 20 esports student staff. Ensure appropriate staffing levels for all operating hours and events.
- Assist with the development, supervision, and evaluation of recreational esports programming, including open recreation gaming, special events, leagues, and tournaments. Collaborate with other departments and student organizations to increase and diversify participation as well as help to facilitate academic use and club use of esports room.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and evaluation of all operating policies and procedures for esports room. Establish and enforce the code of conduct for esports participants. Assist with maintaining and updating equipment.
Recommended Qualifications, Skills and Abilities include:
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation, sports management, computer science, or other relevant field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience training and supervising student staff utilizing best practices for customer service.
- Relevant experience with esports gaming.
- Variable work schedule. Evening and weekend work required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proficient computer skills, ability to use sound management principles, and work effectively with ethnically and culturally diverse constituencies.
As the leader in the market for Sports Internships, we can help you find the best opportunity to build your career in Sports. Have any suggestions on jobs you would like to pursue? Let us know in the comments section.
Jobs in Sports will be showcasing weekly Hot Jobs. If this job isn’t an excellent fit for you – visit our listings and view our Sports Job listings and find your best fit today!
*Syracuse University is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution. The University prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in University programs, services, and activities.