Live your passion and work for the newest Major League Soccer franchise. Austin Football Club is searching for highly qualified, multi-skilled H Head Fitness & Rehab Coach. This position will work directly with the Sports Scientist and Medical staff to track end stage rehab programs with objective data and technology.
The Head Fitness & Rehab Coach will also deliver on-field end-stage rehab sports specific exercises and assist the High-Performance Director and Head Strength Coach in performing the warmup field activities daily.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the Strength & Conditioning Coach in the designing and administering of individualized pre-training activation protocols and in-season strength training sessions.
- Create an in-season injury risk assessment protocol in collaboration with the medical team which will result in individualized injury reduction activities.
- Producing online team record books/media guides, game notes, news releases, statistics compilation.
- Aid in performing all practice warm-up activities in conjunction with the needs of the coaching staff and High Performance Director.
- Design and execute rehab training sessions in the weight room and on field that utilize technology and data to help best prepare athletes to reach their potentia
- Perform activation/regeneration sessions as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science/Sports Science or another relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years professional or college experience, preferably with experience in MLS or other elite level soccer organizations.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (C.S.C.S) certification by NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association) or equivalent certification.
As the leader in the market for Sports Fitness jobs, we can help you find the best opportunity to build your career as a fitness professional. Have any suggestions on jobs you would like to pursue? Let us know in the comments section.
Jobs in Sports will be showcasing weekly Hot Jobs. If this job isn’t an excellent fit for you – visit our listings and view our Sports Job listings and find your best fit today!
*Austin FC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable city, state or federal law.