The Associate Athletic Trainer will serve in the department of Athletics, assisting in the daily operations of the athletic training room and providing multifaceted healthcare for assigned sports program(s) at the University of Louisville. This position reports to the Director of Olympic Sports Medicine.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Provide healthcare services for assigned sports program(s), including but not limited to: injury prevention and evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation, practice/event coverage, physician referral, medical appointments, and assist with referrals to counseling for student-athletes.
- Establish and comply with a line of communication to team physicians, coaches, student-athletes, EMT, and parents (when applicable).
- Provide mentorship to Assistant Athletic Trainers and assist in the supervision and recruitment of seasonal athletic trainers and undergraduate student athletic trainers.
- Assist with the maintenance of athletic training equipment, monitor inventory, and assist with the preparation of budget requests.
- Assist with the maintenance and organization of the student-athlete’s medical files.
- Assist with the coordination of federal work-study students in the athletic training room.
- Remain current with all national and state certifications and licensure and follow the NATA code of ethics, including annual CEU opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Olympic Sports Medicine.
- Bachelor’s degree in athletic training, exercise science, or closely related field and four years of post-baccalaureate athletic training experience. Master’s degree in athletic training, exercise science, or a closely related field Preferred.
- NATA and NATABOC Athletic Trainer certification is required.
- Eligible for Kentucky state licensure.
- First Aid and CPR/AED Certifications.
- Knowledge of NCAA and ACC rules and regulations.
- Ability to travel and work hours on nights, weekends, and holidays.
- 5-6 years of athletic training experience preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as organizational and administrative skills, are preferred.
As the leader in the market for Health & Fitness Jobs, we can help you find the best opportunity to start your career in Sports. Have any suggestions on jobs you would like to pursue? Let us know in the comments section.
Jobs in Sports will be showcasing weekly Hot Jobs. If this job isn’t an excellent fit for you – visit our listings and view our Sports Job listings and find your best fit today!
*The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at [email protected] or 502.852.6258.