Are you passionate about the game of baseball? Is it your dream to build a career in Major League Baseball? Do you love researching the latest baseball trends and keeping an eye on statistics? If so, the hot job you’ve been waiting for is here.
The Oakland Athletics are searching for a Baseball Operations Intern. Interns will work closely with both the Analytics and Scouting departments. Internships will take place in the months of May to August 2021 for a duration of 8-10 weeks, with some flexibility on the start date.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in MLB First-Year player draft preparation.
- Assist with various tasks throughout the MLB draft.
- Conduct quantitative research and statistical modeling.
- Data entry and cleaning from ETL feeds.
- Strong analytical capabilities – with the ability to speak to digital marketing KPIs and analysis
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must currently be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university or equivalent military experience. Recent graduates will also be considered.
- Pursuing degrees or having substantial coursework in Statistics, Math, or Computer Science preferred.
- Proficiency in R, or equivalent statistical programming language.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages a plus.
- Excellent verbal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Hard worker who is a “doer” first; must be ready to roll sleeves up
- Strong organizational skills.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
As the leader in the market for MLB Internships, we can help you find the best opportunity to start your career in the baseball business. Have any suggestions on jobs you would like to pursue? Let us know in the comments section.
Jobs in Sports will be showcasing weekly Hot Jobs. If this job isn’t an excellent fit for you – visit our listings and view our Sports Job listings and find your best fit today!
*The Oakland Athletics are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.