How would you like to put your touch on one of the hottest brands in one of Kentucky’s most-recognized signature industries? Would you enjoy creating art for subject matter that includes some of the most majestic and elite horses in the world, including a Kentucky Derby winner?
This is a unique opportunity to influence one of the most historic and iconic brands in the international Thoroughbred horse racing & horse breeding industry, while working in a gorgeous farm setting with an energetic and award-winning marketing team. We are excited to be seeking an ART DIRECTOR with strong visual concept skills to be responsible for design, photography and cinematography.
This role will work with the Marketing Director & team to produce a creative strategy across a variety of mediums, and include day-to-day creative processes that will be primarily focused on the operation’s stallion marketing, advertising and other stallion promotions. The Art Director will primarily use InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects to develop advanced design and creative executions, and will collaborate with the Marketing Director & team on planning and building ideas & brand concepts.
This position will provide creative solutions for Spendthrift’s growing tourism within its brand-new, 7,000 square-foot Visitors Center and office space, which will include designing trendy merch & apparel for its store, etc. The department also puts on a 1,500-attendee annual party for clients that requires strong collaboration from the Art Director, along with many other fun projects throughout the year.
Experience, Skills, Preferences:
· Possess the ability to multi-task and maintain an efficient pace
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to manage a number of concurrent tasks and projects
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Willing to take an ownership spirit of the art department and company brands
· Possess a strong work ethic and dedication to team
· Strong project collaboration skills
· Flexible schedule during peak times of year
· Ability to plan resources for projects
· Have excellent communication skills and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment
· Positive attitude to inspire
· Understanding of strategy and how creative work can impact goals
· Experience with software, such as In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects; Other experience of the Adobe Creative Cloud is an added benefit
· Have working knowledge of computer design software and hardware, and strive to stay current in level of knowledge and abilities
· Experienced creative with at least 2 years of experience in high-end design
· Horse industry experience NOT required
What do we offer?
· Competitive salary based on experience
· Discretionary bonuses
· Health & Dental insurance
· 401k matching
· A truly exciting opportunity to be a key member and influencer of an emerging, award-winning marketing team that has been an annual Addy Award recipient since the department moved in house in 2018, including being recognized as ‘Best of Show’ in 2019 by Ad Club Lexington. The Spendthrift marketing team is also proud to be a two-time EMMY Nominee since 2019 including being recognized at the 2020 Ohio Valley Regional EMMY Awards, winning in the category of Commercial
· The chance to play a vital role in influencing and fostering one of the most historic and iconic brands in one of Kentucky’s signature industries: Spendthrift is a long-standing, international leader in the Thoroughbred industry featuring one of the largest Thoroughbred breeding operations in both North America and the world
· Work with arguably the best collection of Thoroughbred stallions and athletes in the world, including several champions such as 2020 Kentucky Derby winner & Horse of the Year, Authentic
Experience:2 – 6 years
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
Subscribe today and gain access to 603 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime