Mental Performance Coordinator
- Communicate consistently and appropriately with members of the Mental Performance Department, player development, medical department, S&C, and other parties as needed.
- Coordinate the Mental Performance Department’s implementation and evaluation of mental performance services for the organization.
- Mentor and support the development of Minor League MPCs.
- Work with the Director of Player Development and Field Coordinator to integrate mental performance into Spring Training and off-season camps.
- Create individualized mental performance plans for players currently in AAA.
- Provide individual mental training to players currently in AAA.
- Develop and present group workshops to players currently in AAA.
- Support AAA coaches and staff on their mental performance.
- Support to the ML team and coaches as coordinated with the Director of Mental Performance.
- Document in detail the services provided throughout the season.
- Develop trusting and meaningful relationships with players, coaches, and staff.
- Must follow and uphold AASP ethical standards/maintain CMPC.
- Must possess the ability to self-reflect and display personal & situational awareness.
- Must be able to work independently, while also consulting/collaborating/supporting the MP team.
- Must be open to learning and actively seek growth opportunities.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Mental Performance.
- Completion of Masters or Doctorate degree focused in Applied Mental Performance or Sport Psychology.
- Certified Mental Performance Consultant (CMPC) through the Association of Applied Sport Psychology is strongly preferred or ability to obtain CMPC within a year of hire.
- 3 Years of experience as an Applied Mental Performance Coach is required to be considered for this position.
- Preference for baseball/softball experience and knowledge.
- Preference for bilingual in English & Spanish.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 526 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Ice Hockey Team