This position has been filled - Job#: 453382066
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform as one of the in-arena hype announcers at select home games and regional events.
- During games, execute on-court and in-crowd promotions, both sponsored and not sponsored, as set forth in the game-by-game script and rundown.
- Abide by all NBA rules and procedures and follow the requests of team staff and sponsors. Attend all meetings related to game presentation.
- Appear in public as one of the voices of the team at requested community, fan and sponsor events. Duties include, but are not limited to serving as event emcee, conducting on-camera interviews, interacting with fans and community leaders.
- Present yourself in a professional manner while in public, while working with staff, and on publicly facing mediums including social media.
Characteristics / Qualifications
- Two (2) or more years of announcing/hosting experience within a large in-arena or in-stadium crowd is highly preferred. Game presentation experience a plus.
- Has high energy, and can carry, inspire and excite an NBA-level crowd with voice, presence and personality.
- Possesses comedic talent; able to think quickly and improvise as needed.
- Demonstrates a strong stage presence, operating with poise,integrity, likeability, approachability, and can work under pressure.
- Personable and can comfortably interact with fans and guests. Must be able to work with cue cards, memorizing and delivering lines accurately and clearly.
- Creative and innovative personality with ability to quickly adapt to new situations.
- Can create positive energy using both voice and body language.
- Ability to take feedback and implement into performance.
- Available for all home games and select community appearances.
- Attend game day meetings and on-court rehearsals held prior to all home games.
- Knowledge of NBA basketballs rules and regulations.
- Able to work with multiple types of individuals and be able to adjust accordingly to personalities.
- Has strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays, if necessary.
- Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- Strong customer services skills required.
- Able to stand, sit, and walk for long periods of time.
- Demonstrated dedication with the ability to lead projects from origin through execution.
- Ability to learn and flourish in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
Month-to-Month Premium Subscription - $19.95 per month after trial period.
Sports Marketing/Sales Company