Athletic Instructor Associate, NCAA
The Assistant Athletic Trainer will also perform professional and administrative services essential for the successful implementation and development of the program as directed by the Head Athletic Trainer and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics.
Essential Job Duties
- Work cooperatively with and under the direction of the Director of Medical Services and Team Physicians and practice
- Implement the sports medicine program for the College as per the NATABOC Domain Descriptions and Task Statements.
- Provide athletic training services for the College’s athletic department, including attendance at scheduled team workouts and practices and home and away competitions as necessary.
- Serve as an Approved Preceptor for interns from partner Institutions.
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer to build and supervise an athletic training student aide program chosen from the general student population of the College.
- Supervise work-study students chosen to work with the athletic training program.
- Follow the College’s policy & procedure and protocols.
- Work in conjunction with the strength and conditioning staff to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition, and conditioning programs customized to meet individual student-athlete needs.
- Use appropriate education and communication strategies to enhance wellness and minimize the risk of injury and illness of College student-athletes.
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in the development, implementation, and enforcement of the sports medicine program policies and procedures.
- Recordkeeping and documentation in the Blue Ocean injury tracking system.
- Maintenance of equipment and facility upkeep.
- Excellent writing skills, as demonstrated in professional work samples submitted with application materials.
- Excellent constructive thinking skills.
- Ability to use discretionary judgment.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Office Suite, and Excel. Work Conditions
- Attendance in the early morning, evening, and weekend events are required.
- Work is primarily indoors, however, some events and activities are outdoors.
- Off-campus and overnight travel is required.
- May be required to transport student-athletes to events and appointments. Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and reach.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines.
- Near vision is sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens.
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone. Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Minimum Work Experience
- Ability to successfully balance and manage multiple tasks in an active, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral, written, computer, and fiscal management skills. Required Qualifications
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).
- Florida Licensed or eligible for Florida Licensure.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,037 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime