Head Coach, Men's and Women's Tennis
- Could become full-time with the additions of other duties.
- Oversee the development and promotion of a competitive tennis program, including competition schedule, budget, assistant coach and student manager selection and training, camp, fund raising, and travel logistics.
- Recruit student-athletes through high school and community college visits, campus visits, and electronic and social media.
- Develop student-athlete physical, spiritual, emotional, academic, and psychological skills and well-being.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate drills, practice plans, conditioning programs, and competition strategies.
- Maintain student-athlete files.
- Assist with competition management of contests as needed.
- Coordinate competition logistics and assist with maintaining accurate statistics.
- Engage with College constituents such as alumni and local communities.
- Attend local, regional, and national professional development clinics, conventions, and seminars.
- Research, refine, and continue to develop knowledge of tennis rules, regulations, and policies affecting responsibilities.
- Maintain First Aid and CPR certification.
- Desire to support the mission of the college.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; master’s preferred (required for teaching and some professional staff positions).
- Coaching/recruiting experience at the collegiate level preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to recruit, develop, motivate and develop student athletes.
- Able to lift, pull, push up to 50 pounds.
- Maintain valid driver’s license.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
Month-to-Month Premium Subscription - $19.95 per month after trial period.