Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head Coach planning and conducting in-season and off-season team practice and conditioning programs.
- Assist the Head Coach and players during game play.
- Assist individual active players in basketball skill development through skills training and weight and conditioning training.
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of new players to the program. This may include traveling to regional high school and club basketball events and showcases.
- Assist in the scheduling of basketball practices and games, including arranging transportation, driving a team vehicle, securing funds for travel, making travel arrangements, etc.
- Represent the Athletic Department and the Women's Basketball program on college committees or task forces and at college events and/or other public meetings.
- Communicate as necessary with the other Illinois Skyway Collegiate Conference and NJCAA Region IV Basketball Coaches.
- Participate in Athletic Coaches professional development including annual training in NJCAA Regulations, CPR, AED usage, Blood Born Pathogen, Exercise Induced Asthma and use of an Epi-Pen.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Administrative supervision received from the Director of Athletics and Registrar Services. General supervision received from the Head Women's Basketball Coach.
- Functional supervision exercised over Women's Basketball Team members, managers and student employees.
- Assists in all daily operations of the intercollegiate Women's Basketball program, including game and practice coaching, recruiting of student athletes, assisting student athlete players in basketball skill development through skills training and weight and conditioning training, and the operation of youth basketball camps in the off-season.
- This position represents the Athletic Department and the program at Skyway Conference and NJCAA Region IV meetings and participates in Athletic Coaches professional development including annual training in NJCAA Regulations, CPR, AED usage, Bloodborne Pathogens, Exercise Induced Asthma and use of an Epi-Pen.
- Must be available afternoons and some weekends during the Winter season.
- An associate's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable skills and abilities can be obtained is required. A bachelor's degree is desired.
- Three years of basketball playing experience at the college or high school level required. Preference given to candidates with two years of college level playing experience.
- One year of basketball coaching experience as a head or assistant coach at the college, high school, club team, travel team or AAU team preferred.
- Certification in First Aid and CPR/AED required.
- Knowledge of NJCAA/NCAA rules and regulations is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning and leadership skills and a positive role model for young adults is expected.
- Ability to work independently in an unstable and chaotic environment desired.
- Valid Class "D" driver's license required.
- Work performed in different environments including interior/office work areas, gymnasiums and outdoor areas.
- Work will require significant physical effort associated with coaching and teaching basketball skills and techniques. The work will also require the lifting and movement of equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Limited exposure to physical risk.
- Regional travel required with occasional extended out-of-state travel for post-season competition.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,143 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Roman Catholic University
Community College (KS)
Community College (OH)
Community College (OH)