Finance Coordinator - Payroll & Benefits
The Finance Coordinator, under the direction of the Finance Manager, is responsible for assisting in multiple financial activities relating to company payroll functions and administering the group health, dental and RRSP plans according to established guidelines.
This includes timely and accurate reporting of payroll data for the company employees internally, to the league office and government agencies as required. Integrity, confidentiality and thorough attention to detail are crucial for this role. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills will be required as communication and client inquiry assistance will be a key component within this position.
- Prepare and administer payroll for all company employees in a timely and accurate fashion, while auditing payroll processing reports for accuracy.
- Implement salary increases, bonuses, commissions, etc. in accordance with instructions given.
- Assist in the administration of employee wage and benefits programs, including employee education.
- Prepare journal entries and forms, such as records of employment, income tax forms, and remittances.
- Maintain records for retirement and life insurance contributions made by employees; liaise with service providers to ensure funds are transferred as appropriate.
- Maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes, in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Reconcile and report to the league office as required regarding staff and player compensation.
- Collaborate with the HR department and other departments to ensure pay and personnel records are accurate and up to date.
- Handle inquiries arising from questions about payroll and benefits.
- Mediate between insurers, clients and employees to resolve claim and coverage issues.
- Personal integrity and value of confidentiality.
- Dedication to personal growth and learning.
- A team player who isn’t afraid of diving in to help where needed.
- A College Degree or Diploma in a field such as Accounting or Payroll Administration.
- Minimum of two (2) years' working experience in a payroll and benefits position.
- Strong knowledge of payroll systems, internal controls, and benefits management.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of income tax forms, health benefits programs, employee legislation and regulatory required filings.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Northeast Region School
College Northeast Region