Medic - Seasonal
- Responsibility to make a daily commitment to provide the most efficient, reliable, progressive and compassionate care to the ill or injured.
- Effectively assess ill or injured persons to identify and treat life threatening conditions.
- Use proper judgment when applying any care or therapy.
- Log contact with people at the Ballpark when any type of aid is requested using the following tools: Log Sheet, First Aid Report, Team Medic Report, and Ranger Medic Log.
- Thoroughly document the cause of injury, including location if injury occurred on property.
- Accurately dispense proper dosage of medications.
- Handle all information and documentation regarding patients with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Will not falsify any document or statement.
- Shall not practice medicine above or beyond the scope of their training.
- Must act in the best interest of all patients. No patient shall be encouraged to refuse evaluation, treatment or transportation.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous Medic experience preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Current Texas EMS certification or licensure issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services at the level of Emergency Medical Technician or its equivalent or higher.
- Attend orientation and training regarding protocols and policies.
- Follow the established standard of care in the 2013 MLB Team Medical System Guidelines.
- Maintain a current BLS certification.
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug screen and golf cart safety test.
- If ALS care is needed, must be able to work with the ALS providers.
- Excellent customer service for interacting with fans.
- Exercise sound judgment and remain calm during times of stress.
- Ability to work in extreme outdoor weather conditions to include heat, cold and rain.
- Physical ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, along with navigating through ramps and stairways during each shift.
- Must be able to lift, pull, push and/or lift weight greater than 50 lbs.
- Required to work flexible schedule, including but not limited to days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Able to arrive on time and be prepared to stay as long as it takes to complete treatment.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Sports Sponsor Site
Central Region University