Assistant Director of Operations and Aquatics
This position has been filled - Job#: 453379239
- Administers a comprehensive campus aquatics program and oversees the day-to-day operations of the Fitness and Aquatics Center.
- Hiring, training, and evaluation of student employees, swim meet management, department-wide risk management oversite, pool mechanical management and swim lesson programming.
- Opportunity to be involved in campus-wide initiatives that expose them to a number of different areas in student development and higher education.
- Hire, train, supervise, evaluate, and develop Lifeguard, Building Supervisor and Swim Instructor student employees.
- Plan and execute the building supervisor and lifeguard schedules.
- Ensure staffing coverage for all standard building/pool hours, facility special events, rentals, meets and other events, exam hours, break hours and holidays.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and effective management of the Fitness and Aquatic Center (FAC).
- Coordinates and maintains existing standards for facility operations and event management.
- Ensure facilities are set-up/broken down for competitions and special events properly/timely.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the operation of the FAC.
- Follows opening and closing procedures, space specific policies and procedures, facility rental policies and special event procedures.
- Serve as the primary safety and risk manager for the Department.
- Assess potential safety risks and respond pro-actively.
- Serve as department liaison with alll associated contractors.
- Oversee FAC security procedures including implementation of all departmental Emergency Action Plans, materials, and training.
- Ensure all department permits and certifications are maintained/current.
- Oversee Hep B vaccination of employees with Department of Health Services.
- Direct daily maintenance of water quality.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Water Management Company for testing, chemical supply, chemical spills, water and mechanical issues and site visits.
- Recommend revisions to the water management contract ensuring adherence and compliance with contract stipulations.
- Liaise with Environmental Health and Safety regarding all safety issues and concerns related to the pool, sauna and hot tub.
- Ensure all maintenance and operational changes are documented according to department expectations and adhere to NRPA Aquatic Facility Operator standards.
- Bachelor's degre.
- 1 to 3 years of experience required.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Minor League Baseball Team