Head Men's Soccer Coach
- Under minimal supervision, directs, provides leadership, and oversees all coaching duties for an interscholastic sports program operating under NCAA Division II and conference operating bylaws and regulations.
- Directs and coordinates all aspects of recruitment and training for athletic competition, and oversees the planning and fiscal management of program activities.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Responsible to model the University Mission through dedicated job performance, service excellence to constituencies, respectful collaboration and active support of the University's Mission and Catholic and Lasallian higher education.
- Directs and coordinates all aspects, areas and components of the sports program.
- Manages all daily operations and coordinates all administration facets of the specific sports program.
- Oversees all aspects of the financial operation of the specific sports program including the annual operating and athletic aid budgets and adhere to the Department's and University's business procedures.
- Organizes, prepares, and conducts individual and team practices, training and competition, including the scheduling of all home and away contests and team travel arrangements.
- Recruits student-athletes in accordance with NCAA rules and regulations through on-campus and off-campus recruiting activities.
- Monitor and review student-athletes' academic progress to ensure a successful rate of graduation.
- Works cooperatively with colleagues within the department of athletics and across the University including consultation with the sports information director, athletics training staff and team doctors.
- Supervision of one graduate assistant.
- Represents sports program to various institutional programs and externally to media, government agencies, funding agencies, students, parents, and the general public.
- Participate in fund-raising opportunities for both the sport program and the Department of Athletics.
- Develop coaching skills by attending professional clinics and conventions.
- Take part in continuing NCAA compliance education and attend all Department of Athletics staff meetings.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Three to five years successful coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes, student-athlete eligibility, financial aid, amateurism, awards and benefits, playing season, as well as other areas of NCAA compliance.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the specified sports program.
- Knowledge of athletic recruitment methods and techniques and proven ability to assess skills of prospective student-athletes.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Willing to work long hours, including nights and weekends.
- Ability to lead and guide Division II student-athletes in area of specialty.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Full Time, including evenings and weekends. Some travel required.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,978 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Pro Soccer Team
Preparatory School (FL)