Assistant Upper School Crew Coach
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with equipment upkeep.
- Assist in setting and adjusting boat rigging/oar inboard/outboard.
- Run seat races and provide input on boating lineups.
- Work effectively with athletes new to the sport, helping develop those athletes to be competitive novice level rowers.
- CT Boating license and ability to drive and operate motorized coaching launch.
- Ability to safely navigate a crowded waterway with boat traffic from other rowing clubs, as well as private boats and commercial vessels.
- CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Preferred minimum US Rowing Level 1 coaching certification.
- Possess a sound understanding of the intellectual and social-emotional developmental stages of adolescents.
- Capacity to work in a culturally responsive climate and respect varied cultures, life experiences, and identities with a population of diverse student-athletes.
- Ability to work effectively in our diverse community, including but not limited to diversity in race, ethnicity, gender identity, socio-economic status, ability/disability, belief, sexual orientation, and national origin.
- Demonstrated initiative and savviness in cross-cultural competence, ability to value, work within, and arrive at common goals with colleagues in a professional manner across cultural differences.
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,037 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Professional Golf Organization
Collegiate Summer Baseball Team