The Motor City Rockers (MCR) are seeking an outgoing personality who has a consistent track record of prospecting, cultivating and selling corporate marketing partnerships. We are looking for creative individuals with strong relationship-building skills and the ability to balance multiple customers with a high degree of detail. Preferred candidates will have knowledge of the Detroit market, sports selling, sponsorship sales, and activation process. If this sounds like you, come take that next step in your career with us today!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Cultivate new and existing corporate partner relationships to ensure sponsor revenue growth that exceeds the requirements for this position as determined by the company.
• Develop dynamic sales presentations for current sponsor or new business prospects using PowerPoint or other resources. Proposals to be consultative style incorporating research of category dynamics and clear understanding of the prospective partner's marketing goals.
• Collaborate with multiple MCR departments for approvals as needed for proposal execution when sold. This could include but not limited to Digital Department, Community Engagement, Data Insights, Facilities, Public Relations or other areas.
• Responsible for meeting revenue goals as assigned by GM for Rockers.
• Provide accurate, reliable information for sales and expense forecasts.
• Able to represent a wide range of inventory from multiple teams in sales presentations customized by customer to deliver results.
• Ensure fulfillment of all corporate partner programs in association with the department head and sponsor services area; establish strong relationships throughout partner companies.
• Work closely with Partnership Activation Manager assigned to each account to maximize value to the account and for MCR.
• Identify local and national trends and emerging markets and adjust sales/service strategies accordingly.
• Fulfill additional duties from time-to-time requested by the General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university. Must have demonstrated sales experience with a minimum of 3-5 years in corporate sponsorship sales. Prefer experience in the sale and execution of sponsorship programs through a proprietary association with a sports team, event or athlete.
Strong verbal and written correspondence skills are needed to succeed. Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with clients. Ability to work successfully with all team departments. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
Employee should have a strong knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Windows, and Microsoft Word. Adobe Suite skills are optional but preferred.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and information. Must be able to determine what is reasonable and acceptable based upon individual client needs.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, move heavy objects, use a computer, use a 10-key calculator, use a telephone, speak, hear, and write.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate and the noise level in the Fieldhouse / game environment is usually loud. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.