Director of Communications
- Oversee the day-to-day communications and create a cohesive communications strategy.
- Work closely with the EVP/GM and VP Marketing on the overall branding of the Raceway, with the goal of projecting a positive company image to the public.
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the national and local media and publicity community.
- Gather and disseminate timely information to media and staff, including a more robust internal communications plan for staff and event staff.
- Work with national series sanctioning bodies and driver PR representatives to secure drivers and create events, including media events/press conferences, leading up to/through race weekends.
- Serve as main point of contact for series (NASCAR, NHRA, etc.) PR needs.
- Oversee press release schedule, proofing and writing assignments for raceway’s press releases, publications, motorsports pages, special sections, etc., ensuring quality control of all information released.
- Manage editorial content for all raceway publications (e.g. media guide, event programs, Pit Report, special sections, etc.).
- Manage/support/create editorial content for raceway social and digital channels.
- Create proactive crisis management plan around local issues like drought management, fire mitigation/support, earthquake readiness, roadway/traffic management etc.
- Communicate crisis plans to internal and external audiences when applicable, cultivating an environment of readiness and alertness.
- Support the EVP/GM on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,263 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Multi-purpose Indoor Arena
Pro Basketball Team