Head Coach of Girls Varsity Tennis
- The Varsity Head Coach for Upper School Girls Tennis will coach, lead, and champion the girls upper school tennis programs in the fall.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coach and oversee upper school varsity girls tennis program.
- Teach tennis players the skills, techniques, rules, regulations, and team policies of tennis and ensure compliance of rules and regulations.
- Plan, direct, and administer policies, practices and match-day management.
- Be responsible for the general health and welfare of student-athletes and give appropriate attention to students-athletes who are injured and or ill. This includes filling out injury report forms.
- Cooperate with the school Nurse and Athletic Trainer to ensure student-athletes receive proper medical and physical training services.
- Ensure appropriate safety measures are observed when conducting team activities.
- Be responsible for the actions and conduct of the team whenever they are under your supervision.
- Work with the Director of Athletics on the selection and scheduling of team contests.
- Work within budgetary guidelines established by the Finance department and the Director of Athletics.
- Coordinate all activities in preparation for scheduled competition.
- Attend all team practices and home and away contests.
- Monitor student-athlete academic performance.
- Attend appropriate athletic departmental staff meetings.
- Assist the Director of Athletics in any activities and school events as needed.
- Takes initiative and responsibility for developing, nurturing, and growing our girls tennis program.
- Extremely organized and will have the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Work on a high performing team and have demonstrated the ability to maintain a positive attitude in all situations.
- Communicate effectively with all school constituents and display strong, positive interpersonal skills.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Sports Sponsor Site