Director of Security & Transportation
- Establish annual objectives for all reporting personnel.
- Work closely with the Security Dept and Parking Operations Provider to manage the safety & security of the patrons, associates, and assets.
- Train, counsel, discipline, evaluate, manage, and direct in accordance with the BBVA Stadium philosophy and policies.
- Review and update Security and Parking policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Manage all administrative and operational matters within the department.
- Manage and maintain business relations with the local, state, & federal fire & police authorities.
- Maintain an effective electronic/hard key access management program.
- Maintain an effective employee & visitor photo ID & credential program.
- Develop and conduct security & safety training sessions for the stadium personnel.
- Meet all assigned tasks within the guidelines & deadlines set by the VP of Stadium Operations. This includes handling and managing special projects when necessary.
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of all logs and incident reports generated.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of post orders.
- Manage the day to day Parking Operational Relationship
- Primary Liaison with MLS in regards to MLS Security Policies, Procedures and Industry Best Practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under above-average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; Bi-lingual preferred
- Ability to effectively manage, motivate, and lead the members of the security and guest service department.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
- At least two years’ experience supervising a security and guest service team.
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sports or entertainment facility.
- Minimum 5 years of facility security experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in a managerial or supervisory role.
- A good understanding of guest services and security roles in a facility environment.
- Ability to implement and adhere to the Guest Service and Security Department’s Prime Objectives.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, employment verification, and drug screening.
- Thorough knowledge of CCTV, fire alarm systems, computerized access control systems, and wireless radio communication.
- Ability to effectively manage crises & work under pressure.
- Ability to perform independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the performance & conduct of their direct reports.
- Ability to create, implement, and present training materials to all employees within the department.
- Ability to interact effectively and calmly with angry or emotional guests, clients and employee
- Proven strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,790 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Pro Soccer Club