Director, Communications & Community Development
- Engage with prospective expansion communities to conduct research, understand community needs and behaviors.
- Engage with existing expansion communities to conduct research, understand community needs and behaviors.
- Develop close contacts in both prospective and existing communities.
- Develop a playbook for market development in both prospective and existing communities.
- Oversee grassroots marketing/social media/public relations initiatives in prospective and existing markets.
- Arrange official visits to both prospective and existing markets while serving as the advanced team and local community liaison.
- Research, coordinate and execute executive appearances at market development conferences across the country.
- Serve as league contact for media in prospective communities and ensure execution of market development playbook.
- Host local watch parties and highlight appetite for professional soccer – both at home and abroad – in prospective communities.
- BA/BS or equivalent is required in Communications, Sports Administration of a related field
- 3 to 5+ years related experience in Public Relations or Communications
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in local/regional/national politics preferred
- Computer proficiency in a variety of applications (Internet, database, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Ability to nurture, develop, and maintain strong relationships with Media Networks
- Strong planning skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities
- Willingness and ability to work non-traditional hours (weekends, evenings, holidays)
- Ability to travel and to adhere to the corporate travel policies
- Work comfortably in a variety of audiences including professional athletes, press, fans, supervision, and peers
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to write reports, business correspondence and effectively present information to a wide variety of audiences
- Strategic and critical thinker who is dynamic, forward thinking, extremely analytical and well organized
- Maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships
- Self-confident, resilient and possess a high energy level and enthusiasm
- Strong communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through active listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and company as a whole
- Ability to work and travel as business needs require which at times may include long days, evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays
- Must have U.S. work authorization
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Southeast Region School