Assistant General Manager
- Assists in the overall effective management of the catering & café operations.
- Assist in the management of catered events from set-up to tear down, including handling all communication with hourly staff, culinary staff & guests.
- Ensure legal, efficient, professional, and profitable operation of the venue.
- Inspects the operation on a regular basis to ensure that the established quality standards are maintained.
- Prepares required reports accurately and submits them on time, follows up with department heads to ensure that their reporting is completed within the same guidelines.
- Develops an effective management team.
- Gives the managers clear direction, and provides the necessary assistance for them to provide them to perform their work.
- Reviews and assists in the development of menus and marketing plans with the appropriate department heads.
- BA or BS with business-related major; accounting minor or credits preferred.
- Minimum 5 years management experience in food-related or concessions industry.
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft office, POS systems, timekeeping systems.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of all existing concessions and premium services locations: geographical location, equipment, evacuation procedures, adjacent employee and guest areas, and facility access.
- Possess valid Food Handlers certificate and Alcohol Service Permit if required by state or local government.
- Valid Alcohol Service Permit if required by state and/or county of venue.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 526 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
University of Pennsylvania
Ice Hockey Team