Internal NGB Communications
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and execute strategic communications plans and digital brand strategies for the six internally managed Paralympic NGBs (cycling, swimming, track & field, alpine skiing, Nordic skiing, and snowboard). Manage comprehensive editorial calendar for Paralympic-specific content in collaboration with digital and social teams.
- Provide proactive and reactive communications and media relations support for the six internal Paralympic NGBs. Correspond with and coordinate public relations services to internal NGB constituencies such as the news media, general public, partner organizations, colleges/universities, and athletes.
- Manage on-the-ground competition support to the NGBs to include tracking events and results, writing and distributing athlete stories, and supporting athletes with mixed zone, interviews, and other public appearances. Attend Paralympic Games, world championships, and other national and international events and/or competitions to assure athletes and media representatives are provided with exceptional on-site services
- Manage all media operations at hosted events including accreditation, mixed zone access, athlete interviews, and collaboration with local organizing committee and the respective sport International Federation (IF) as applicable.
- Oversee creation and execution of the Games digital, social, and communications plans, including pre-Games promotion, team announcements, in-competition coverage, and post-Games celebrations.
- Manage NGB-specific websites with regular creation of fan-facing news content, event results, athlete bios, and program information.
- Oversee social platforms for the internally managed Paralympic NGBs. Leverage digital platforms to expand the reach of sport-specific news and facilitate strategic branding, awareness, and recruitment plans. This includes building, executing, and creating content for social and digital campaigns.
- Review and edit internal NGB documents including newsletters, announcements, reports, performance plans, and other key information that is shared publicly with external constituents.
- Support internal NGB communications initiatives including coordination, writing, editing, and production of Paralympic publications, including but not limited to programs, media guides, microsites, athlete biographies, etc.
- Develop and implement internal NGB publicity ideas and written materials, such as news releases, media advisories, and feature articles. Oversee the creation and execution of associated graphics, artwork, and video assets to support website and social media efforts. Coordinate with staff in other divisions to prepare and disseminate publicity material.
- Manage the storage and use of communications material including videos, photographs, publications, and other similar collateral.
- Compose articles, reports, electronic updates, and announcements required to support internal NGB activities. Leverage online tools and resources to gain increased visibility for the six internal NGBs.
- In collaboration with other internal NGB program staff and Paralympic division leadership, foster strong communication and a positive working relationship with the respective sport IFs and the IPC.
- Contribute to and support the growth of Paralympic awareness, athlete recruitment and other strategic priorities of the internal NGBs and the Paralympic division. Liaise with Communications division team members to ensure that Paralympians and Paralympic messaging are integrated into organizational communications. Support overall strategic objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism/Communications/Public Relations or related work experience
- 5+ years of sport-related or PR communications work experience, preferably with Olympic and/or Paralympic sports
- Experience with awareness and publicity programs, public speaking, and media services at major events
- Strong knowledge of Olympic and Paralympic sport
- Outstanding writing/editing skills
- Excellent oral communication skills; comfortable interacting with individuals at all levels inside and outside of the organization
- Knowledge of and experience with content management systems, as well as the latest trends in digital, mobile, and social media
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, work well under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated high levels of leadership, initiative, flexibility, and creativity in managing key projects
- Strong, innovative team player with outstanding customer service skills and attention to detail
- Strong ability to handle the media and public on issues ranging from common topics to controversial subjects on behalf of the organization
- Ability to effectively deal with public and media comfortably and professionally under stressful conditions
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions
- Standard office equipment
- Office environment in multi-story building on a multi-building site
- Domestic and international travel
- Non-traditional work hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Provision of assistance and accommodation to athletes with a range of physical and visual disabilities
- Regular attendance at work is an essential job function
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,143 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime