Assistant Coach Women's Tennis
- Involves directing or assisting with developing the student-athlete physically, competitively and emotionally.
- Enhances the execution of competitive sports, manages team, recruits, fundraises and may determine competitive schedules.
- Helps develop strategies for developing and maintaining the Men's Varsity Tennis Program.
- Responsible for overseeing specific aspects including:
- Planning and execution of practice and matches
- Opponent scouts/film breakdown
- On and off-campus recruiting
- Conditioning programs
- Fundraising events
- Various administrative duties for team travel
- Must be attentive to detail.
- Keep accurate records.
- Possess an ability to work with a diverse constituency, including students, parents, coaches, faculty, staff administrators, prospective students, and other outside contacts.
- Must foster an environment of NCAA compliance.
- Staff are expected to embrace the NCAA DIII philosophy and University Principles of Community.
- Reports directly to the Head Coach.
- Work schedule often includes: evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/ or equivalent experience/ training with a college-level program.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with athletic participants.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making; be an effective problem solver and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Specialized knowledge of the team sport or activity, as well as basic technical expertise in coaching principles.
- Current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the affiliated athletic conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) or National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the campus adheres, and at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Sports Sponsor Site