Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
Description of Duties
- Incumbent functions as the Assistant Women's Basketball Coach in the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the head coach to develop implement and manage the budget for the program.
- Prepares and finalizes travel arrangements for the program according to departmental policies and guidelines.
- Assists in making assignments and providing supervision and direction to the team manager and volunteer assistant coaches.
- Assists in organizing and conducting practice sessions.
- Assists in the recruitment of student athletes.
- Orders equipment as needed.
- Assists in scheduling of sport events.
- Recommends athletes for awards to head coach.
- Furnishes a team roster to the administrative assistant, compliance coordinator and sports information director for eligibility, administrative and promotions clarification when directed.
- Assists in coordination of team pictures and news releases with the Sports Information Director.
- Assists in ensuring appropriate conduct of athletes on trips.
- Assists in academic study session and progress report monitoring.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of team building activities, fundraising initiatives and departmental activities and events.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree required.
- Minimum of 1 year of coaching experience.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Southeast Region School