Head Golf Coach (Part-Time)
The Head Men's Golf Coach reports to the athletic director and is a key member of the coaching team, who provides leadership and vision within the Athletics Department, as well as among the student athletes. The position is responsible for administering all aspects of the soccer program with a commitment to the University, Red River Conference various aspects of the program, such as recruiting, scheduling opponents, fundraising, strength & conditioning, developing annual service/engagement projects for student-athletes, planning and preparation for matches and practices, mentoring and evaluating student-athletes, and academic monitoring.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development, management, and successful coaching of the Men's Golf, to include scheduling, recruiting, equipment management, reporting scores and statistics, and website updating. Ensure strict adherence to all NAIA by-laws and Red River Athletic Conference regulations.
- Ensure adherence with established institutional compliance rules, policies, and procedures as well as ethical standards of behavior.
- Ensure satisfactory academic performance of student-athletes.
- Ensure the physical, emotional, and social welfare of student-athletes, including issues related to gender, ethnic diversity, and sexual orientation.
- Effectively manage the program's budget and staff; coordinate support services and appropriate public relations and promotional activities necessary for program success.
- Establish and maintain effective interactions with the university community, administrators, alumni, donors, mediate and the public.
- Establish and ensure a safe environment for student-athletes that includes providing education about and methods for discussing and resolving harassment or discrimination.
- Responsible for successful coaching of the Men's Golf, to include maximizing the team's potential/abilities, keeping athletes eligible, and retaining athletes through graduation.
- Supervise and mentor coaching assistants as directed and approved by the Director of Athletics.
- Manage the operations of sports camps and/or clinics, if applicable.
- Manage all department fund-raising and booster events in accordance with NAIA, Red River Athletic Conference, and institutional rules, policies, and procedures.
- Learn, understand, and adhere to all NAIA guidelines and maintain up-to-date roster, squad lists, and other information.
- Participate in long-range planning and assessment, attend all departmental training sessions and meetings, and read and comply with all departmental policy manuals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education required.
Experience: A minimum of two years of successful coaching experience in men's golf required, preferably in a college or university setting.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Private Protestant Christian University
University - TX
University ( TX )
Pro Basketball Team