Associate Athletic Trainer
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with the inventory within the Athletic Training Department. Develop and maintain inventory list to assist the Head Athletic Trainer in acquiring supplies, organizing supplies and distributing to athletic training facilities.
- Assists with the coordination and scheduling of game and practice coverage (home and away) for all athletic training staff.
- Assists with the supervision of Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainers and Student Athletic Trainers.
- Assists the Head Athletic Trainer with other assigned administrative duties.
- Assists with the prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injured student-athletes.
- Assists with the practice/game preparation and coverage for the athletic teams.
- Travels with assigned teams as needed.
- Assists with the medical treatment, rehabilitation and physician prescription records for all student-athletes
- Assists with coordination of written and verbal follow-ups to Head Coaches regarding student-athlete medical care. Serves as Liaison between the team physicians and Head Coaches.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: One (1) year of collegiate level athletic training experience.
- Knowledge / Skills: Good computer skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) Certification. Eligible to apply for a Texas Athletic Trainers License. Certified in CPR / AED for the professional rescuer.
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: Ability to travel and work nights and weekends.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health and Kinesiology or related medical field. CPR / AED instructor’s certification
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,136 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
University ( TX )