Athletic Intern, Sports Medicine
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
Field of Study
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in Athletic Training or related field.
Other Computer and Software Skills Required
- Experience with tools and equipment used in the prevention and treatment of athletic injuries.
Experience and Other Skills Required
- BOC Certification or eligible to sit for Exam. Remains current on all state and national requirements for license renewal.
- Clinical rotations in the college setting.
- Criminal Background Check (CBC).
Other Skills Preferred
- BOC certified.
- One year of experience in athletic training.
- Related experience working with high-level athletes in a collegiate or professional setting.
Description of Job Duties
- Function: To assist Athletic Director in the area of Sports Medicine.
- Scope: To provide knowledge, clinical skills, abilities and patient-centered care and outcomes through hands-on experience under the guidance of Staff Athletic Trainers.
- Assists in the daily operations of the athletic training facility.
- Provides coverage of practice and games, including travel, of assigned team/s and assists with conflict coverage.
- Provides daily treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
- Works with members of Athletic Training/Sports Medicine staff to provide proper evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of athletically injured student-athletes and referral to associated health care professionals when necessary.
- Maintains medical records on student-athletes to include physical examinations and screenings, insurance information and injury evaluation reports.
- Assists with annual physical examinations and drug testing program.
- Ensures proper use and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Assists with preparation of budget requests and managing inventory of supplies for athletic training facility operations.
- Interfaces with coaches regarding injured student-athletes.
- Follows all developed policies and procedures as well as NATA Code of Ethics. Complies with all regulatory agency statutes, by-laws and mandates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 3,409 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Professional Soccer Club
Sports & Entertainment