Women's Basketball Head Coach
- Works under general supervision, the Women's Basketball Head Coach will be in charge of all aspects of the Women's basketball program, including:
- Recruitment of quality student athletes
- Conditioning programs
- Organizing and planning practices and game strategies
- Assisting in scheduling contests and coordinating travel
- The coach is expected to contribute to the educational mission of the University by offering direction and instruction in the sport of Women's Basketball.
- Contribute to the educational mission of the University by coordinating the instruction of student athletes in the area of Women's Basketball and competition.
- Recruit quality student-athletes for the Women's Basketball program all year.
- Instruct methods and strategies and coach student-athletes in the sport.
- Schedule practices and competitions.
- Assist with coordinating travel (ex: bus/van, hotel, meals, etc.).
- Transport and supervise student-athletes while on the road.
- Train and supervise assistant coach(es).
- Participate in fundraising activities to supplement the operational budget for the program.
- Monitor specific sport budget to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Operate the program under the rules and regulations of the University, the NCAA, and the NAC.
- Responsible for monitoring academic performance of student athletes including:
- Overseeing of class attendance, grades, class performance and study habits to encourage the attainment of a degree and maintain athletics eligibility.
- Responsible for initializing and supervising community service projects in coordination with the athletic department.
- Looking for a highly motivated, organized individual with strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of coaching, teaching, and recruiting techniques and the ability to effectively use them.
- Minimum requirements include a bachelor's degree and at least one year of experience coaching at the collegiate level.
- Must be available to travel, have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to drive for the purpose of university business, and be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
No Commitment Premium Subscription - $19.95 a month after trial period - Cancel anytime.
University ( PA )