Director, Esports Program
This position has been filled - Job#: 453401431
The Esports Director manages all aspects of the College's Esports program with emphasis on recruiting, enrolling, educating, retaining, and graduating highly-qualified student participants.
Essential Duties Summary
- Participates in traditional and social media promotion;
- Successfully recruits highly-qualified student participants on a national and international level who possess academic achievement, character, and Esports skill;
- Ensures a highly-competitive team(s) with a full roster on an annual basis;
- Oversees all Esports equipment and facilities, including the Esports arena;
- Maintains eligibility records as appropriate for oversight agencies, including NACE;
- Mentors and leads students to augment and sustain retention rates;
- Manages the Esports budget while exercising full fiscal responsibility;
- In collaboration with the Advancement Office, oversees fundraising and sponsorship initiatives for the Esports Program that aligns with the College's overall fundraising and sponsorship strategy;
- Successfully and strategically creates a well-balanced, challenging competition schedule;
- Evaluates equipment and facility needs, manages existing equipment and facilities, and purchases new equipment as needed;
- Plans and executes practice sessions that challenge student participants and develops their skills and team play;
- Organizes and teaches individual skill instruction for students;
- Oversees scouting of recruits and opponents and develops and implements successful competition strategies;
- Coordinates team community service projects;
- Supervises and mentors assistant coaches.
- Bachelor's degree is required, Master's degree is preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of varying governing bodies (such as NACE) rules and regulations;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong recruiting skills;
- Strong administrative skills with the ability to manage a competitive college program;
- Flexible hours including nights and weekends. Travel may be required.
- Professional Esports experience as a player, program director, and/or coach;
- Proven recruiter.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,868 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
private Catholic University
Sports & Entertainment