Senior Assistant Director, Sport Programs
This position will report to and work collaboratively with the Senior Associate Director, Programs. Lead the assessment and evaluation of programs; develop new program outcomes and objectives for areas of oversight. Work with campus and community partners to support programming, marketing, and recruiting efforts.
Oversee budgets within their area and allocate resources to staff. Must stay abreast of regional and national trends in all applicable areas. May oversee the purchase of large equipment, maintenance, and repair fees related to the program.
- Master's degree in recreation, sport management, or related area.
- Two years of relevant experience in areas such as sport rules design/implementation, programing, officiating, training officials, or staff supervision.
- Ability to offer leadership, vision, and strategic planning that will contribute to a comprehensive sports program that meets the ever changing needs of the university and local community.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, manage, and develop professional staff to carry out their duties with students.
- Ability to work with staff to develop their leadership and program management skills.
- Must show ability to establish long and short term goals consistent with the mission of the university and the division.
- Ability to build, develop, and cultivate relationships across campus and regionally with a variety of constituents.
- Self-motivated, energetic, service minded and adept at solving problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse constituents.
- Strong communication (written/oral) as well as interpersonal skills.
- Proficient at computer software word processing, spreadsheet, electronic communication, etc.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,916 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Collegiate Sports (LA)
Collegiate Sports (IL)