Director of Athletics/Physical Education & Health Teacher
This School seeks a dedicated professional who can lead the afterschool middle school athletics program and teach Physical Education and Health classes in all divisions.
Students in our classes are engaged in active learning. They develop critical thinking skills, the ability to collaborate, and a love of learning. As a faculty, we enjoy each other and a collegial working environment.
Job responsibilities include:
- Teaching classes in Physical Education and Health in Pre-School, Lower and Middle School
- Administer lessons which work on skills, strategies, sportsmanship, game concepts, etc.
- Working collaboratively with and support team teachers in the other departments
- Be an active member of school life outside the classroom
- Grading and writing narrative term comments about students
- Coaching sports teams and creating schedules for interscholastic games
- Other duties around the school (advisory, class trips, supervision at recess, etc.)
- Building a Middle School Athletics Program
- Participating in athletic conference meetings
- Recruiting coaches, as needed.
The successful candidate holds a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in Physical Education and Health and an interest in collaborating with a team of teachers, a strong sense of purpose in teaching lifetime skills, an active curiosity about kids and their success. A minimum of four years of teaching experience is preferred but not required.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,897 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
private Catholic University