Director of Athletics
The Director of Athletics provides management and leadership to a department with 17 men’s and women’s athletic programs. The incumbent provides leadership in execution of all activities, operations and policies of a nationally respected and successful NCAA Division II department. She or he will work collaboratively with the University administration and other heads of departments with the utmost integrity. The Director reports to the Chief Student Affairs Officer and is ultimately responsible to the President.
- Serves as the University’s principal representative for intercollegiate athletics. Gives administrative direction and advice about the establishment of program goals to the Chief Student Affairs Officer, President and Cabinet.
- Responsible for meeting the necessary requirements of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Office of Civil Rights and the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC).
- Directs and makes decisions which affect the activities, operations and policies of the athletic programs.
- Establishes the Athletic Department Strategic Plan, goals and objectives for the athletic program; makes decisions on strategies and tactics to achieve goals.
- Reviews all budgetary plans and expenditures; identify and maximize the various revenue opportunities and income streams available to the Athletic Department, in conjunction with the Office of Institutional Advancement, including athletic fundraising, annual support program and promotions activities.
- Ensures appropriate understanding and fully supports the academic mission of the University and provides necessary academic support to our student athletes.
- Serves as spokesperson for the department in matters of policies, operations and personnel.
- Serves as the department’s representative through participation in campus activities involving students, faculty and staff and represents the department in local, national and Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference committees and associations.
- Work with on and off-campus constituents in a cooperative and collaborative manner.
- May serve as the Athletic Department Chairperson with regard to department faculty member responsibilities for tenure and promotion applications, and annual renewals.
- Master’s Degree required.
- Six years of experience in progressively responsible positions in collegiate athletic administration and/or compliance.
- Three years experience as an associate athletic director (or the equivalent) or athletic director.
- Expert knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Candidates must have successful experience in fundraising and marketing, budget and fiscal management, and a demonstrated knowledge of managerial techniques, policies and procedures
- Commitment to the education of diverse populations.
- A successful performance in an interview.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,890 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Public University (PA)
Collegiate Sports Administration
private Catholic University