Director, Athletics Compliance
This position reports to the Assistant Athletics Director, Compliance, and is responsible for administering the implementation and management of a comprehensive athletics compliance program to include the development of policies and procedures for monitoring and maintaining strict compliance with all NCAA Division I, Conference, and University rules and regulations and the reporting of any violation of the rules to the appropriate office(s).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of recruiting, eligibility, financial aid, and/or playing and practice seasons. Additionally, the incumbent will assist in the other areas of operation (e.g. personnel, amateurism, awards & benefits) for 16 intercollegiate sports.
- Administer interpretation requests, process NCAA waivers, investigate alleged violations of NCAA regulations, and report any instances of NCAA rule violations to the appropriate office.
- Review and approve compliance forms, reports, and documents (e.g. recruiting material, outside competition, camps & clinics, student-athlete employment, recruiting contacts and evaluations, occasional meals, etc.).
- Assist with ensuring proper dissemination of NCAA, Conference, and University rules, interpretations, and legislation, and overseeing the completion of NCAA, Conference, and University compliance forms.
- Conduct rules educational meetings and assisting in the development and presentation of educational materials for meetings with the University’s coaches, staff, administrators, student-athletes, and representatives of athletics interests.
- Enter data and maintain information entered into the NCAA’s Compliance Assistant program and the University’s Recruiting and Monitoring database.
- Assist in the development of new policies and procedures and ensures current policies and procedures are reviewed and updated as needed.
- Assist in the production of reports, handbooks, forms, and manuals.
- Assist with preparing responses to internal audits and external reviews of the compliance program.
- Serve as primary internal contact/liaison for specific teams, departments (e.g. ticket office), organizations (e.g. NCAA, Conference, NCAA Eligibility Center), and programming (e.g. sports agents).
- Serve as an administrative representative for select away contests to ensure compliance in the distribution of complimentary admissions.
- Attend appropriate rules compliance programs office by the NCAA, Conference, and University.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and 2+ years of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and 4+ years of relevant experience.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,916 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime