Director of Ticketing
We are seeking a proven, hardworking professional looking to take the next step in his or her sales career in the sports industry. The Director of Ticket Sales will be responsible for the generation and development of ticket revenue. This individual will also oversee additional ticket sales representatives as well as Box-Office staff.
- Generate revenue through the identification and closing of tickets sales for the organization.
- Oversee and grow the organizations ticket sales efforts as it pertains to corporate and group hospitality (suites, party areas, short season packages and season tickets).
- Maintain and manage database of ticketing clients and prospects.
- Train, manage and hire a sales staff.
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly and yearly sales goals.
- Participate as a member of the organization’s mid-management team.
- Provide outstanding customer service to all fans.
- Represent team at numerous community events throughout the year and actively assist in grassroots marketing efforts to build fan base.
- Work closely with both Marketing and Promotions teams to coordinate appropriate messaging and timing, with the goal of enhancing ticket sales interest and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, sports management, marketing or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of successful sales experience.
- Strategic approach to individual and team goals, both short-term and long-term.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills – must be able to craft a professional written and oral proposal.
- Strong sense of professionalism and friendly in-person and on-phone demeanor.
- The desire to embrace a team-first mentality in a startup environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and professional appearance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Ticket Return ticketing system preferred.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment while juggling many tasks at once. Excellent time management is required.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to Lead and Supervise staff with training experience a definite plus.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,287 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Professional Baseball Team
Indoor Football Club
Sports Facility (OH)