Direct involvement and accountable for risk management activities and concerns affecting the Club. Accountable for achieving strategic objectives to ensure effective hazard risk management for the Club.
- The Risk Manager will own the process of identifying and analyzing the risk/insurance challenges and overseeing the implementation of the risk solutions that help optimize the Club operations.
- The Risk Manager will collaborate closely with Legal, Finance, Operations, and various other departments to ensure that risk management procedures, protocols, and strategies are implemented.
- The Risk Manager will also implement and actively promote all Club loss control activities such as annual property insurance inspections and assist with running emergency planning exercises.
- The Risk Manager will manage relationships with MLB risk management office, Club risk management peers, third-party service providers including insurance brokers, and pertinent risk management program administrators.
- The Risk Manager is responsible for preparation of annual loss trend reports; insurance budget administration; updating risk management policy documents and providing governance to third-party Club audit process.
- The Risk Manager provides oversight for player and executive life and disability insurance program which is managed to provide financial hedge against Club’s contractual obligations and protect Club from unexpected player catastrophic loss of life or injury.
- Mitigate the Club’s risk exposure to loss by coordinating all claims-related activities as well as resolving claims at the least possible cost by supervising insurance claim handling, risk transfer techniques, and in-house claim settlements
- Maintain involvement with all Club activities and conduct risk assessments to provide risk reduction recommendations and enhance policies, procedures, and risk management best practices
- Maintain and update workers compensation procedures for claims reporting, documentation, and litigation management
- Manage relationships with claims adjusters, insurers, outside legal counsel, and other claims related parties
- Ensure statutory workers compensation reporting requirements are achieved and negotiate contracted pricing for workers compensation medical services and related benefits
- Manage all insurance renewals for auxiliary lines of coverages not included in the MLB league wide program
- Work closely with athletic trainers and Baseball Operations to enhance workers compensation best practices
- Assist in the development of training with respect to regulatory matters, operational policies, and procedures, in order to become a leader in best practices for risk and control standards
- Work closely with Ballpark Operations to ensure compliance with MLB Best Stadium Operations Practices, including providing governance for third-party operational audits
- Issue Club certificates of insurance and track all vendor certificates of insurance to ensure compliance with Club’s insurance requirements as specified in Club agreements/contracts
- Review and modify as needed all vendor insurance requirements as part of Club’s vendor sourcing process
- Evaluate risk profile for all Club game activations and non-baseball events; provide recommendations to ensure compliance with risk management best practices
- Generate bi-annual risk management reports for senior management to highlight risk management program trends and results
- Administer the Club’s vehicle lease programs and related regulatory vehicle registrations and insurance documentation
- Strong writing skills, analytical ability, and oral communication skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment required
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a person who is positive, team-oriented, & self-starting required
- Ability to work extended hours and/or weekends as required by deadlines and event scheduling
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,324 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
American Professional Baseball