Director of Communications
- Responsible for the Club’s relationship with Media, Publications, and Press Announcements
- Create and execute the team’s annual communication, public relations, media, and civic affairs plan.
- Work with executive team to craft talking points, speaking engagement and statements for the press and public events.
- Working closely with Brand, Content and Social Media teams to collaborate on all major announcements and events.
- Support Corporate Partnerships, Ticketing, and Team Ops marketing and communication execution.
- Draft and distribute Club press release/media alerts
- Execute Crisis Management Protocol if needed
- Execute and distribute weekly press team reports, industry trends summary, and monitor industry news.
- Achieve department business goals
- Experience in Sports Communications, Public Relations, and Event execution.
- All-hands-on-deck attitude. As a expansion team/start-up environment we will be asking everyone to support all facets of the business to ensure success
- Passion for the success of Women’s Professional Sports and appetite for an exciting new sports landscape
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including schedule home game that can/will be weekends, evenings and perhaps holidays.
- Experience managing media and publications, crisis management training
- Strong communication and written skills, verbal and interpersonal
- Ability to comfortably speak in public and manage a room.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish - preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, CRM and similar software applications
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,342 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Box Lacrosse Team
National Women's Soccer League
American Professional Soccer Team
Box Lacrosse Team